Monday 27 February 2012

PPP

PLAIN WHITE TEE

For our PPP brief we have to design, create, embellish a plain white t-shirt. The t-shirt has to be an expression of you. The t-shirt will be displayed in the Leeds College of Art gallery in an exhibition called "The Plain White Tees".


INSPIRATION 

IDEAS.


I love this image of Andy Warhol's skull. I would love to be able to somehow create one of these images of my own skull. How would i do it!!!?? Maybe a sketch, place an image of my face over a skull image and sketch the prominent features? Suggestions welcome!!!! I think this would look really cool as a black and white print on a plain t-shirt. 

Moustache.
Our class had an unfortunate loss after christmas, one of our classmates, Faye passed away and we thought it would be really great if we somehow dedicated this brief to Faye. My classmate came up with a brilliant idea, Faye had a tattoo of a moustache on the inside of her index finger, therefore we have decided to use the idea of the moustache and print one on the inside of every t-shirt! This would be nice as our whole class' t-shirts will have something in common, and the project will seem more sentimental and it will almost bring us all together, the t-shirts will be like one big collection. 



KARL LAGERFIELD
As PPP is a personal response, you can not get more personal than your own identity! After seeing Karls new collection on NET-A-PORTER i loved the simplicity of the large letter K and a shillouett outline of his face. I would like to use leather or PVC on my t-shirt and possibly the letter P for my name.




EXPERIMENTING & PLAYING
I have LOTS of ideas for this brief. I like the idea of using photography for my t-shirt, make-up, models and styling. I have been experimenting on some Primark £2.50 t-shirts using gaffa tape to replace leather, safety pins and a sharpie pen.....






THE MAKEUP
Edgy, bold, quirky, dominant, black. 


The makeup for the above shoot was inspired by images i found on tumblr such as.... 



As well as creating the t-shirt i want to do the whole thing! The aspect of fashion i am mostly interested in is styling, creating an image as a whole, putting everything together, hair & makeup. I dont just want to create the t-shirt, i want to do the whole look! Therefore my ideas for my final tshirt will most probably include photography. I love the idea of the bold blocks on the face, they really stand out however do not take too much attention from the t-shirt. The makeup i have used on my images almost look like it should be leather blocks. 

HAIR & MAKE-UP INSPIRATION

GOLD LEAF
TOPSHOP UNIQUE S/S12






VIVIENNE WESTWOOD S/S12


SUMMER COLOUR...



GLITTER, PINK, PASTEL COLOUR, FUN, BOLD, PAINT

SUMMER HAIR...






SHORT FRINGE, DAISY, FLOWERS, WHITE, YELLOW, GLITTER, SHEER, MESH

T-SHIRT STYLES
OVERSIZED TEE???

CREATE COLLAR???







1 comment: